Please call or email to make an appointment with your counselor if you have any questions or concerns.
8th Grade College & Career Readiness Meetings
The Indian Hills counselors will be meeting with your and your 8th grade student for approximately 20-30 minutes for your student's College & Career Readiness meeting. In this meeting, we will be going over your student's 4-year high school plan, college and career options, as well as individual concerns and celebrations. Please sign up for ONE slot below per student. If your assigned counselor is unavailable for the time you desire, you are welcome to sign up and meet with another counselor. If you are unavailable to attend the CCR meeting during the day, there are a few evening appointments available, or we can meet with your student individually.
A couple of our Canyons District counselors were on Good Things Utah talking about how parents can help their students be successful and prepare for College & Career Readiness. Check it out HERE.
5 Things School Counselors Want Parents to Know:
1. Teach your kids how to study: How many of you ask you kids if they have homework? There is always something they can read, study and prepare for.
2. Support your kids in becoming resilient: Allow them to grow and succeed on their own merit. Tell them they can do hard things. Every student is at a different level of challenge.
3. Be supportive & proactive in your kid’s education: Know who their teachers are and how to contact them. Know how to use your school’s web based grading system. Check your child’s grades regularly. Understand the importance of daily attendance.
4. Use your resources: Your School Counselor is your #1 resource
5. It is never to early to start preparing for College and Career Readiness: There’s is a path for every student in Utah after high school. Let your counselor help you explore your options.
First Generation College Students
Please call your counselor if you would like your student will be a first-generation college graduate - and if you would like him/her to participate in this group. The Counseling Center number can be found at the top of this page.