Please call or email to make an appointment with your counselor if you have any questions or concerns.
Schedules for the 2017-18 school year will be released after 3pm on Monday, August 14th. Your student's online registration must be completed and fees paid prior to that deadline for your schedule to be visible. For incoming 7th grade students, a copy of your immunization records must be submitted to the school as part of your registration. If you have any registration questions, please contact Mrs. Bruening at 801-826-7110.
Schedule changes will NOT be considered until after schedules have been released and reviewed.
Due to the teaming structure now in place in all Canyons School District middle schools, changing one class often affects many class periods in your schedule and may result in the loss of requested electives. Teacher changes in core classes cannot be accommodated due to teaming. At the beginning of the school year, counselors may not be available to meet with you in person. Please fill out and email the completed form below to your counselor or drop it by the counseling center. Last day for class changes will be August 31, 2017.
After reviewing your schedule in August, please click below to download the schedule change form. You can then email it back or drop off the completed form to the Counseling Center. As a reminder, we will not make schedule changes for teacher requests, specific lunch requests, or to be with friends. Any other scheduling questions, please contact the Counseling Center at 801-826-7120.
NOTE: There was a change from a couple of the course request cards: 7th graders - cannot take Ceramics until 8th grade 8th graders - cannot sign up for Band 1 - Percussion
A couple of our Canyons District counselors were on Good Things Utah talking about how parents can help their students be successful and prepare for College & Career Readiness. Check it out HERE.
5 Things School Counselors Want Parents to Know:
1. Teach your kids how to study: How many of you ask you kids if they have homework? There is always something they can read, study and prepare for.
2. Support your kids in becoming resilient: Allow them to grow and succeed on their own merit. Tell them they can do hard things. Every student is at a different level of challenge.
3. Be supportive & proactive in your kid’s education: Know who their teachers are and how to contact them. Know how to use your school’s web based grading system. Check your child’s grades regularly. Understand the importance of daily attendance.
4. Use your resources: Your School Counselor is your #1 resource
5. It is never to early to start preparing for College and Career Readiness: There’s is a path for every student in Utah after high school. Let your counselor help you explore your options.
First Generation College Students
Please call your counselor if you would like your student will be a first-generation college graduate - and if you would like him/her to participate in this group. The Counseling Center number can be found at the top of this page.