"Problems challenge us, shape us, push us, and help us to discover just how strong and brave and capable we really are." - Kobi Yamada
Please call or email to make an appointment with your counselor if you have any questions or concerns.
Registration for 2018-19
All course request cards are due to the Counseling Center by Thursday, February 22, 2018. A link to download the card and course descriptions are available under the REGISTRATION tab above.
If your student does not live in the Indian Hills boundaries but you would like to register them to attend Indian Hills, please contact the Attendance Office at 801-826-7110 for more information. You can print off and turn in a course request card to the Attendance Office at the time of registering your student, to expedite that course selection process.
School Counselor Week Reflection
A couple of our Canyons District counselors were on Good Things Utah talking about how parents can help their students be successful and prepare for College & Career Readiness. Check it out HERE.
5 Things School Counselors Want Parents to Know:
1. Teach your kids how to study: How many of you ask you kids if they have homework? There is always something they can read, study and prepare for.
2. Support your kids in becoming resilient: Allow them to grow and succeed on their own merit. Tell them they can do hard things. Every student is at a different level of challenge.
3. Be supportive & proactive in your kid’s education: Know who their teachers are and how to contact them. Know how to use your school’s web based grading system. Check your child’s grades regularly. Understand the importance of daily attendance.
4. Use your resources: Your School Counselor is your #1 resource
5. It is never to early to start preparing for College and Career Readiness: There’s is a path for every student in Utah after high school. Let your counselor help you explore your options.
First Generation College Students
Please call your counselor if you would like your student will be a first-generation college graduate - and if you would like him/her to participate in this group. The Counseling Center number can be found at the top of this page.